Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sleep All Day

It's a saturday and I'm very sleepy--although that fact may be attributed to my recent Advil dependency. I've taken to self-medication because if there's anybody in this world I'd like to see less of, my dentist would be it. She always finds something to dig through, drill clean or take out from my mouth. I believe I am scheduled for an impacted tooth extraction, a minor surgery. And that leaves me in sweats whenever I think about it because I am a wimp. I have a liver of steel, yes, but it's offset by a baby-ish tolerance for pain. I have delayed my little procedure quite successfully by flying to America but I sure can't avoid it now since it's hurting again. :( Le fu.

Dental woes aside, I'm currently in the East. I'm babysitting my cousins whose parents are off to Montreal for a conference. I don't know what I'll do for the day. I think I'm just going to rest and read. I finally found a copy of Looking for Alaska this week, and that's about it for the most exciting event that has happened in my life lately. Either that, or finishing Suzanne Collins' Mockingjay which I will write about once everyone's done reading their copy. All I do is read. I've been too lazy to behave like an adult lately. I think it's safe to say I'm in a rut and the sooner I get out of it, the better. This article about emerging adulthood and people in their 20s has never rang so true. It annoys me that am so choosy, I can't commit to an idea unless I see myself in it long enough. Then again, I am impatient too. So I don't want to wait for things I am willing to commit to (which is very grave, very grave indeed as I only have to wait for five more months). I just don't want to settle, that's all. I don't want to be counterproductive either. So yes. I don't know. I don't know what I want exactly.

On a non-inquisitive note, check out today's morning view:
IMG_9506
Catch you later, when I'm in a better mood. For now, *yaaaawwwn*