Tuesday, August 3, 2010

You're nobody till somebody loves you

My friend Keishia posted a lovely mix about love on her music blog entitled J'Taime, C'est Tout and listening to it came with such a yearning for someone to actually dedicate the songs to, or hear it with. Yes, it's one of those days. So as I have plenty of time to update this blog nowadays, let me share what I feel about love most of the time (or on days when I decide not to be the strong, independent, confident woman I was raised to be--which is most of the time, because it's so much easier to rest your head on somebody else's shoulder than carry the weight around all by yourself).

It's a little song called You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You, originally sung by Dean Martin, reworked by the wonderful Mr. Bublé. :)

I have blog backlogs about New York, Washington and the magical city that is San Francisco but my lack of paycheck keeps me from writing about it, mostly because I refuse to do anything fun whenever I wallow in my unnecessary sadness. I am such a drama queen, it's so annoying. I could use the money though. Mostly for my books, but hey.