Friday, August 13, 2010

That Jojo's always on my mind

Remember Sammy, my pet fish? Yeah? Well, he died before I left for San Francisco. I gave his bowl to my sister as a parting gift, along with a small red fighting fish because I knew how jealous she was when I first brought Sammy home. That small fighting fish died too, and this entire paragraph is just irrelevant because nobody can explain why small fishes die fast at our house. We keep bigger fishes in two aquariums downstairs (one of the fishes, a really old, as big-as-a-dining-plate terrorist, ate its companion alive out of boredom, fin first and then chomped off its body later that week) and they all seem to be living strong.

I don't give up easily though, so behold! My new pet, (still a fighting fish, because a low-maintainance fish is the farthest I would go) Jojo! :) Yahoo!
IMG_9458_picnik
Jojo's color reminds me of Yakov Smirnoff, which means "In Soviet Russia", so I named him Jojo after that Jojo from The Beatles' "Back in the U.S.S.R". Jojo was also mentioned in Get Back, but let's focus on one song here. ;) I don't know why but I really like Back in the U.S.S.R, it doesn't even make sense because Paul McCartney wrote the lyrics while they were in India, learning Transcendental Meditation, and it was intended as a Beach Boys parody (Remember their hit, California Girls?). I like to take it as a political jab at Communism or a paradox about the tension in Russia just because it makes things juicier. We see things the way we want them to be, don't we? Heehee. I just love singing to this song!

You might, too:

EDIT/
Sad, sad news (well, not really). Hours after I blogged about Jojo, he DIED. !&@)#*!&(@#!!! I think na-usog ko siya (or someone who read this did!). Chos! I don't know what happened, he looked fine last night. :(  
/EDIT