Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Music for our club

Reblogged from Keishia's music blog:


Pretty much self-explanatory. A mix about finding love, hoping someone loves you and being alone. This is for my friends namely Anj, Arra, Pat, Peej, Reisha, Ria, Tantan and to all the single girls/boys out there. Join the club!

Love Me Already by Black Kids
"Can't you love, love, love me already
Love, love, love me already, baby"


Flash a Hungry Smile by Mystery Jets
(It's about a guy who seems to be a predator but he says if you give him a chance then you might actually like him. There is no harm in trying.)

"Come back to me no need to hide
Make a little room for me tonight"


Animal by Neon Trees
(To those oblivious or hard-to-get girls)

"I kinda wanna be more then friends
So take it easy on me
I'm afraid you're never satisfied"


We Get On by Kate Nash
(To those guys who don't notice how much effort we put in getting your attention. A little sensitivity or a compliment would be nice.)

"I just think that we'd get on
I wish I could tell you face to face
Instead of singing this stupid song
But yeah, I just think that we might get on"


2 Atoms In A Molecule by Noah And The Whale
"I woke from the dream
To realise I was alone
A tragic event, I must admit
But let's not be overblown"


Unattainable by Little Joy
"Oh, if you find yourself
amongst the lonely ones
I'll be waiting here with open arms"


Brightest Hour by The Submarines
(This song is full of hope. When does that day arrive?)

"Wandering through starry skies
And when tomorrow's day arrives
I'll be a moment closer to the
Brightest Hour here with you"


When I Go by Slow Club
(It's a pact between friends that if they are not married by this certain age, then they themselves should get married. Borderline desperate, that's how we roll!)

"If we're both not married by twenty-four
Will you pass me those knee pads and I'll get on the floor"


Wonderful World by James Morrison
"Well I know that it's a wonderful world, from the sky down to the sea
I can only see it when you're here, here with me"


Corners Of Your Mind by Ivy
(It's about not knowing someone, like a missed opportunity.)

"And it only goes to show
There are worlds I'll never know
There are rooms I'll never find
In the corners of your mind "


Why Don't You Love Me by Beyonce
(Beyonce cannot be any clearer. PREACH, B!)

"Why don't you love me?
when I make me so damn easy to love
Why don't you need me?"


Somebody To Love by Justin Bieber
(Guys, don't stone me to death for including this song, okay? I really like this song.)

"I don't need nothing else,
I promise girl, I swear.
I just need somebody to love!!!"


Love Today by Mika

(We'll find love in our own way maybe not necessarily with someone. It can be something, someplace or anyone at all.)

"Everybody's gonna love today, gonna love today, gonna love today
Everybody's gonna love today, gonna love today"


DOWNLOAD ZIP HERE

Cover: According to legend, each leaf represents something: the first is for hope, the second is for faith, the third is for love, and the fourth is for luck. Sadly, I only placed a three leaf clover for aesthetical reason. This clover represents luck for everyone who seeks love.

The playlist Keishia promised to make for us, The Lonely Hearts Club, is up and it is wonderful. I love every song, every description, every message carried in this mix. So I did a Tumblr and "reblogged" her post to further pimp out the awesomeness that is her taste in music. Download! Download! If you're tired of sitting, waiting, wishing (a la Jack Johnson) for the one you love, whether because of distance or some unforeseen, irrelevant circumstance a.k.a shiteous current girlfriends, this mix is an invitation to sit, wait and wish some more--for the same person, or for someone else. You never know.

With love,
The Lonely Hearts Club