Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Weggnesday


Hello, person. It's a Wednesday! Happy hump day! Tonight, I had class which was really nice and then, I went home and made myself something to eat because I was hungry. Any activity related to graduate school always leaves me starving because I am stricken with the disease of eating my feelings. Anyway, I'm sharing my own recipe for the egg salad dip thingy because I love eggs, it's what I had for tonight and this is fairly easy to make: 

What you need:
2 hard boiled eggs, mashed
A pinch of salt and pepper 
1 tbsp. mayonnaise (I actually use about half a tablespoon of mayo and just add more truffle oil)
1 tbsp. truffle oil (I get mine from Santi's)
chives (just a sprig, chopped, do not tear unlike a lazy girl I know i.e., me)

What you need to do:
Combine everything in a bowl. Sprinkle with chopped chives. Serve with soda crackers (you can also use it as a sandwich spread but I don't like bread so, there you have it. You may also eat it with rice but then that would make you a very gross and sort of disturbing person). Also, I think it tastes better if you chill it for a bit but that's just me.

Let me describe the taste of this small but powerful wonder: mashed hard-boiled eggs when mixed with mayo, turn into a creamy, rich, and tasty mess. Then, the truffle oil intensifies the flavor of the egg salad with its earthy, strong, woody undertones. It does not do much for the taste but it makes the salad smell so fragrant and heavenly. I ♥ truffles. Cap that off with the pungent bite of the fresh chives and the crisp, salty soda crackers and you have a light snack that's extremely satisfying. If you are still having trouble imagining how amazing this would taste, may I suggest a slice of bread and some Lily's peanut butter instead? I will also throw in a small prayer for your poor soul. 

While snacking (Oh God, I have an unrelenting penchant for snacking), I went on with my movie and TV viewage because I have decided that what I do not want to do today (Review of Related Literature for my research class), I will do tomorrow. I realize that I am a living challenge to Ben Franklin's secret to success because everything that I can do today, I put off for next week. I am never going to discover something as big as electricity. *sigh*

I watched Flipped, which is always a good movie to watch because it has so many winning points. (A few examples would be: the screenplay, Callan McAulliffe and the fabulous soundtrack--it has The Chiffons' One Fine Day, Big Bopper's Chantilly Lace and The Everly Brothers' Crying in The Rain. I mean, seriously? I would like to give each and every member of this ensemble a hug.)

In this scene, Julie Baker delivers fresh eggs to Bryce Loski. He does not know it yet but Julie Baker is the girl he should be with. At this point, let me send a shout out to all you Julie Bakers out there. Where my weirdos at? 

And then I continued my "Grey's Anatomy seasons 1 to 8: a revisit" marathon. I was so into this show from when I was fifteen up until college, I forgot how good it is. My favorite season is still the first one but it's raining babies in season 8 and my ovaries are exploding in approval :

McDreamy and Zola/McSteamy and Sofia. Surgeons make the sexiest dads but the cutest baby award goes to baby Sofia. "Oh my god, she's crack baby!" Have you guys seen the episode where she rolls over and falls off a couch? Cutest. Ever. That does not sound right (I am mean but not to babies) but you just have to watch it. 

All in all, it was a great way to end a Wednesday. I am incredibly behind with what I need to write for school but oh well, tomorrow is another day.