Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fluffernutters: They're a weakness

Hello today! This week (after a frustrating session with a bank teller, see the pattern? I eat my rage), I finally crossed out Peanut Butter Company from my food list. It's not really a list list, just a couple of restaurants swimming in my head that I'd like to try when I get the chance. 

Peanut Butter Company offers pasta and sandwich selections that are, obviously, peanut butter based. I'm not crazy for peanut butter or bread. I was, however, taken by curiosity since I liked the idea of mixing peanut butter with several dishes and sandwich combinations. PB Co. also sells various peanut butter flavors by the jar but I didn't get any of them. I think the best sellers are the sesame peanut butter and the dark chocolate peanut butter (which will make an amazing turtle pie, I guess). They also have green tea, cardamom, and chili peanut butter flavors among things. 


In Awkward's sixth episode, Sadie Saxton (whose scowls are beyond 4.0 perfect, I just love her) kept a food journal and wrote about her weakness for Fluffernutters in said journal. Who could blame her? Evil has a heart and it is my belief that every heart has a space saved for Fluffernutters. More about this sandwich a little later. 

Here's what I had: 

IMG_2359IMG_2363

I got half of a peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich for dessert (75 pesos) and an order of BBQ wings with chili peanut butter. The wings were okay, they were more tangy than spicy and the chili on the peanut butter was on the mild side. I like it, it's good, but the real winner of my meal was my dessert:


IMG_2361IMG_2360

What's the next best thing since sliced bread? Sliced bread with creamy peanut butter spread topped with marshmallow fluff!  PB Co.'s peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich follows the standard Fluffernutter recipe. The sandwich bread is on the thick side and that's really nice since it offsets the sweetness of the filling. Half a sandwich is more than enough for a person but let me tell you that this sandwich is legit: It. Smells. As. Good. As. It. Tastes. Soooo Goood. I think the smell of warm Fluffernutters is up there with freshly powdered baby's bottom and Chanel Chance in the great smells of the Universe department. There should be a prize for people who make these things possible, seriously.

I would have you know I really liked the fluffernutters a lot so I brought home two halves for my sister. That was not a guise for a "one for my sister, one secretly for me" thing because my sister inhales bread more than anyone I know. She ate both slices in between an hour and has been convincing me to buy her some more ever since. She also liked the way PB Co. wrapped their sandwiches, "It keeps them warm and fresh", which I think to be true.

IMG_2362IMG_2347

Oh! There's also reading material inside the restaurant. I like it when restaurants have that. I enjoyed looking at Karl Lagerfeld's photographs for "A Summer in the South". It was a nice break from what I'm currently reading: (The Security Problematic of the Third World, it's a class thing. Blech.) Of course, The Star is hidden somewhere underneath that pile because I sometimes like it trashy. Heh. 

Will I go back to PB Co. again? Oh yeah! I'll bring my sister! It's going to make a considerable dent on my part since she's a bread fiend but I think we'll both enjoy it. Maybe we can take home a jar of peanut butter for our mom (my loyal but very much not welcomed reader!), too.  

I'd like to leave you with a quote from Ratatouille, 2007 (The great attention to detail, like the oven burns on the chefs' wrists, is what I love best about this movie. It is seriously a great but very underrated foodie film.) because a love for great tasting food is something Remy and I have in common:

Ratatouille Quotation