Monday, September 26, 2011

Things I did this weekend: Visited a museum

IMG_3522
For her birthday, my sister asked us if she could visit a museum (because her recent class trip was in a petting zoo and she thought it was not doing her any good, being underexposed to Philippine history). We were also supposed to take her to the walled city but it was a rainy Saturday afternoon so we skipped that part of the birthday trip. We took her to a pet store instead. 

Here are my favorite parts of the museum--a gallery detailing the galleon trade and the Spice Route, a small room for Linnean taxonomy (my favorites were the crustaceans, they made me hungry) and the many jars from an old sunken ship, the galleon San Diego. 

IMG_3505
IMG_3511
IMG_3513
IMG_3518
IMG_3516
IMG_3554
IMG_3523
IMG_3537
IMG_3551


My sister is a little too young for the collections over at the Ayala Museum but I'm hoping I could take her one day. For now, I think she's okay with places where the entrance fee is practically free. I'm just really glad she's getting into the things I like the most. :) (The goal is to let her develop a distaste for trivialities like theme parks so that the next time we go out on a family trip abroad, she'll only ask for museums and marine conservatories. That would make me a really happy sister.)

P. Burgos St, Rizal Park , Manila
(632) 5271215