Friday, April 22, 2011

Flipped

“Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss….” He turned to me. “But every once in a while, you find someone who’s iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare."




I absolutely love this book-turned-movie. In my humble opinion, the movie was way better than the book (no offense to the author who did a really wonderful job in writing such a simple but truly touching story, it's just a from good to better thing). I love that the movie was set in 1960's. I adored the soundtrack (although most of the songs were from the 1950's-early 60's). It reminded me of long drives with my father. I just loved, loved, loved singing along to Big Bopper's Chantilly Lace, Pretty Little Angel Eyes by Curtis Lee, Da Doo Ron Ron by The Drifters, The Chiffons' One Day and He's So Fine, Crying in the Rain by Nancy Sinatra and one of my favorite love songs, You've Really Got a Hold on Me by The Miracles. Of course, I have the musical sensibility of a grandmother. Does it bother me? Nope. Not one bit.

If you loved Little Manhattan as much as I did (still do, actually), you will love this film. Go watch it. Go read the book as well! :) Happy weekend!

“You have to look at the whole landscape”

“What does that mean?”

“A painting is more than the sum of its parts. A cow by itself is just a cow. A meadow just by itself is just grass, flowers. And the sun, peaking through the trees is just a beam of light. But you put them all together…and it can be magic.”


PS: How gorgeous is Bryce Loski?

I know, right? :D