Saturday, March 26, 2011

Where do we go when we die?

For my grandmother, who already went her way.

The past few weeks have been painful for everyone in my family. I had to take over our household in the city as my mother shuttled back and forth, trying to keep up with work and taking care of her dying mom. A lot of sacrifices and decisions were also made in order to end my grandmother's pain. The last two years were very hard for her, seeing the people she loved pass away and then losing her sight later on. It was all too much for me, to be honest. How can life cause one person so much pain, in so many ways?

Last Wednesday, Lola finally broke free from the body that was causing her so much suffering. I am glad she has already passed on because I know she needed to rest. In my opinion, life had been very cruel to her. I found it amazing that up to the very end, she still had the will to live, only her body is already breaking down. I am proud that she put up a good fight. Now, she's free from pain and maybe, just maybe, she can see us all again.

Hello, Lola. Welcome home. :)