Sunday, March 13, 2011

The East will stuff you dead

I've been feeling really low lately because I am unable to get what I want when I want it. It sounds like a rather selfish and bratty problem, I'm sure, but what I want are intangible things. Simply put, I just really want to be the best at what I do (graduate school, competitive examinations, fighting for career postings etc.) and I really want to have time for what I want to do (studying, reading, resting etc). Obviously, the only time I have is to whine which is what I do whenever I open this site. Basically, my problems stem from my constant need to improve and the fact that I am unable to do so (because of certain factors such as laziness, work, reality, being sickly, responsibilities) at the moment. I guess my time will come but I'm getting older and I feel like I haven't really accomplished a lot at age 20. It disappoints me, to be honest, that I'm stuck in a quarter life limbo so early on in the game.

Okay, so between school and work and hating myself for not being the best, I have been eating. As you know, I like to eat my feelings away. I've been having really bad days lately and sometimes, I like to end bad days with food and stories. I had a nice and really cheap dinner with the two K's last week. It was an excellent food and gab fest capped by an attempt to play wonderful old songs inside a pseudo American diner.

I still want a lot of things but for now, food makes it all better.

Philly Cheesesteak Roll
Sapporo Ramen
Spicy Tuna roll
Keishia!
Keishia, who owns the blog Dance Like We Used To :)
Sukiyaki Beef
What you want?
Kevin (who is a special candidate to Hult Business School of London) burst into song when Aretha came along. Note the SWAG. "What you want? Baby, I got it!"
Brownie Sundae
Johnny Jukebox
All Shook Up
My dad and I love Elvis and his All Shook Up. "I'm in love, ooooh, I'm all shook up!" :)
Chantilly Lace
I know all the words to Chantilly Lace
Respect

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me...