Saturday, March 5, 2011

Go Outside


Some of the songs I like are getting so much love from the media lately. I just found out Darren Criss covered Neon Trees' Animals for Glee. The Queen of All Love Songs Who Must Be Hailed and Sanctified, Adele, has been getting so much love for her new album. I love that the Glee kids are all over her and that Someone Like You is starting to climb up the charts. My favorite, so far, is Dave Franco & Emma Roberts' MTV Supervideo for Cults - Go Outside. (I'm so glad they're not called The Cults, although there's nothing wrong with that!) I like how this video has a classic California feel to it plus the cast looks great. Don't take my word for it, watch it.

This song is quite special to me because it reminds me of afternoons in San Francisco when I was just a lowly (but really, so much happier) intern. I would make plans in my head to go to Union Square at exactly 5:00 PM and just stay there, by myself, to people-watch. HAHAHA. Back then, this song was on-repeat all the time. Oh, those were the days. I also have a special place in my heart for James Franco and his ability to bite off more than he can chew and swallow it nonetheless so, yes. It works that the actor in the video is a good looking Franco.

PS: My writing is getting worse day by day. Just so you know, I did spend the last two days studying and writing (by hand, six hours straight for a test) so my brain is just stimulated differently nowadays. I'm looking forward to the month ahead because it spells big changes for me. Graduate school and the career I want for myself are both big commitments and I now realize the road will not be easy at all. I'm scared but genuinely thankful for the opportunities to balance the two together. Things are bound to get better. :)