Tuesday, July 6, 2010

La Vie en Rose

Oh, I just realized I actually have to fly out later today. It should be okay except I really don't enjoy airport security checks, it makes me unnecessarily nervous and very, very uncomfortable. I love the peace traveling alone brings but not the stress I have to deal with on my own. Well, whatever. We can't have it all. Anyway, in the spirit of keeping myself awake so that I can sleep soundly during today's back-to-back plane rides (my fourth since being in the US), I'm posting MORE pictures.

This set is from our visit to Chi Town's Botanic Garden. I'm not a big fan of gardens or photographing flowers, that is more of Ysabella's thing, but I did try. Try, being the operative word in this equation, of course. First, a small background: Chicago Botanic Garden houses 24 gardens (some notable ones: the heritage, Japanese, rose, vegetable, herb and apple tree gardens they have) in the nine-island, praire-woodland-meadow, 385-acre ensemble in Chicago, Illinois. It's really big and full of flowers, lakes, park animals and a lot of geriatric individuals. As for me, my favorite garden was the rose garden. For a few minutes there, I thought I was the Red Queen prancing around my neatly trimmed hedges and blooming red roses as I play flamingolf. Hehehe. I had a nice time. It is such a nice place. Off to the photos..

IMG_7941
IMG_7944IMG_7971IMG_8009IMG_8010IMG_8026IMG_8027IMG_8051IMG_8075IMG_8079IMG_8100IMG_8103

Aaaaand just so you know we were really there:
IMG_8114IMG_8129
^^Thought the necklace was a pretty kind of cool, so I got it for myself when I was in Florida. Hehehe. Sorry there are no pictures of other people in this set. I was fully immersed on the idea of being a pseudo-Red Queen (that, and the truly unforgiving heat) so I didn't even bother to look around. I promise I will when I get to New York.

So there. Empire State tomorrow! One hand in the air for the big city! Yayyy!

If it's not too much to ask, please follow me on Twitter. It's easier to update there especially because I may not have time to go online as the rest of the month will be busy, busy, busy. Ciao!