Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Steak Night

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
As a guest, I am not hard to please. You don't have to ask me where I want to go, you just have to ask me what I want to eat. In my book, good eats must always come first. It is always more important than the sights one has to see.

Manang Raisa, one of my older cousins who also lives in Illinois, takes me out on dinner and movie dates while I'm here in Chicago. It was during one of those nights out that I had the pleasure of feasting on LongHorn's Outlaw, an 18oz. Rib Eye (bone in) grilled to the trifecta of steak perfection--(tasty, soft, juicy). It was delicious and extremely satisfying. We all know that the key to great steak is the marbling, and this one must have been a vision of red and white all over because it stayed juicy and soft for two hours (it took me that long to finish). Succulent, medium rare steak with sweet potato & butter and plenty of asparagus side servings. Aaah, the rub was the best part. Sea salt, black pepper, olive oil. It didn't need a lot really, and it was so good I finished off my plate and all my sides. It was excellent and is possibly one of the most satisfying dinners I have had while I'm on vacation.

And then, I had fried cheesecake with ice cream on top afterwards.. A total gob and gab fest all in one night because that's just how I am. When I'm happy about the food, I talk--sometimes, even for days.