Saturday, June 5, 2010

Something to talk about

I will regale you with more pictures and less of my drama because as my Auntie Myingh puts it, "There's only so much of your drama that we (pertaining to my mother and she) can handle". If you would care to know, I don't bring terrorizing drama in the family. It's just that I have successfully inherited my mother's strong, aggressive, competitive nature and I, like any arrogant child, crave for glory. Mostly monetary, if I can help it. It's not like I don't have any plan (for I am full of plans and back-up plans), it's that I'm very, very, very anxious about these plans pushing through. So it's stressing them out that I stress myself out even if I don't have to. I also don't know why I do it to myself, except for the fact that I feel like I have to shoulder some of my mother's burden. I know it's hard for her, now that she's all alone. I just want to make it all work out and not end up having a rather crappy career. I guess that's what all my drama is all about, I want assurance and I hate uncertainty.
Anyway, on to the pictures..
Twin Peaks is located farther up the Juniperro Serra Blvd. I love the view up there but think that it's much more of a date-y place. I tried taking a nice picture of my favorite part of the city (Downtown) but my rather pathetic 18-55mm lens won't let me do just that.
The redeeming factor of my lenses comes whenever I need to take pictures of food I love. We had dinner at Banana Island on my last night in SF. Among the food we ordered, the Roti pancakes, shrimp rolls, lobster in ginger & garlic sauce and Hainanese chicken stood out. They were delicious.
I also had time to go around the other side of San Francisco, around Richardson and in the Palace of Fine Arts. The Palace is such a beautiful building and the houses surrounding it are just so amazing. I love, love, love that big white house with arched windows. If it were for sale and I had the money (which I don't and won't probably have EVER), I would've bought it on the spot.
Also did that tourist-y thing where I went to Pier 39 to look at Sea Lions who usually sun themselves on a deck and to Fisherman's Wharf to have lunch. I had some crab ($27.39 a piece) and oysters (Half-a-dozen for $12.95). They were delicious.
I also had the chance to visit one of the many marine sanctuaries that surround the Bay Area. I have a thing for water creatures because I find the bottom of the ocean beautiful and terrifying at the same time. Anything or anyone who can make such an impression on me (or anybody else) is worth knowing, don't you think?

That's about it for my San Francisco stories. I'm in a different state right now and maybe I can share some of my newer adventures later on. For now, there is a creepy college student in front of me and he keeps on staring. Not in the way that excites me, as stares from people my age usually do. I think I will move but damn, I'm in the window spot and I already picked out a book (All Over the Map by Laura Fraser).

So there, so there. I hope the next time I update I have better news about my life i.e. in terms of employment. :)