Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Choose daze

119450158
GPOY: I'm going out tonight but I don't no where to edition. (In full width!)

Chicago, so far, has not shown much promise and talent unlike San Francisco and Florida. By that, I mean their boys who pale (again, so far) in comparison to the artsy hippies of the Hill and the Abercrombie-esque beach boys of the South. I tell you this because I am shallow. And if I do not talk about boys, I talk about food. Which makes me bigger, even when I only think about it. We don't want that.

I really don't have a lot to say lately because I haven't been around much (aside from a shopping mall, and I'm not so keen on shopping because I plan to do it in California). The most productive thing I've done so far is re-introducing myself to Russian culture by watching the film versions of the novels I used to read over and over. Today, I watched two versions of Lolita, (1997) and (1962). I also have a few French films on my list because that's how I roll. In the middle of a great adventure (namely, America), I move on to dreaming about the next one (Europe, in the not-so-near but hopefully not-so-distant future).

Below are the films I have copies of and plan to watch within this week:
1. A Room With A View (1985)
2. A Walk In The Clouds (1995)
3. Agora (2009)
4. Belle De Jour (1967)
5. Cleopatra (1963)

Also, some books for reading because I can sense that I will get a lot of down time in the coming weeks... (I'm not a fan of digital copies because I'm maarte like that. So shoot me, I'm pa-cute.).
IMG_7622

Uhm, that's about it. I hope I get more visits and phone calls from other people soon, while I'm in Chicago at least. By the way, this is the song stuck in my head. Download it, it's great.