Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blankets

Finally got my hands on my own copy of Blankets by Craig Thompson. My mom's best friend ordered a few painting books by Jerry Yarnell through my Tita E's friend from the Bronx. I figured I could ask her to buy me Blankets too so that I can get it when she arrives here in Manila. She did last January 12 and I got the book a few days after! Yay! This book is so hard to find, especially if you're from the South like I am! I also got it for a fraction of the price ($17.00 as opposed to 1500++ here in Manila) so I am happy as a clam! I can't wait to start reading it. The last graphic novel that I read was Trese by Budjette Tan and it was amusing but I want something a little bit more. I've been wanting to read this on paper ever since I was sixteen and have gone to great lengths just to stop myself from searching an online version. I'm excited! The book is kind of thick but it looks like it's easy to read. The illustrations are especially wonderful. If I can get through this, maybe I can get through Persopolis 1 & 2 next. Suh-weet!:)