Wednesday, August 3, 2011

We're just under the upperhand

And they say
She's in the Class A Team
Stuck in her daydream
Been this way since eighteen
But lately her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries

A Team is an original song by Ed Sheeran. He reminds me of Jason Mraz. I'm sure he's got a long way to go before he can even be called the next Mr. A-Z but there's something about him that reminds me of Mr. A-Z and his younger years. It must be the rapping. It may also be the allure of youth and good looks. I must say that I really like his songs, my favorites being Wayfaring Stranger, You Need Me, I Don't Need You and A Team. The last one is getting a lot of airplay nowadays (6,000,000+ strong on YouTube) and rightfully so, because it is such a nice song.

You can watch A Team's original version here but for today, here's a cover by Birdy. I really think Birdy is so talented. I just love her voice. Sometimes, when I think of the songs she sings and the age group that she's really in, I can't help but feel a little bit off. She gives so much feeling to the song that it's hard to look at her as a child so young, braces and all. In any case, I'm glad she's doing what she loves at such a young age. Not everyone has that luxury.

This is a beautiful rendition. Enjoy.