Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nevermind, I'll find someone like you


"I can imagine being about 40 and looking for him and turning up and he's settled, and he's got a beautiful wife and some beautiful kids and he's completely happy and I'm still on my own. It's kind of about that, I'm quite scared at the thought of that."

Adele talking about her song, 'Someone Like You'


Hello. Here's something from Adele. I got hold of her album, 21, earlier this week. It was fantastic and as always, she is amazing. I can't help but feel a little small whenever I hear her and think about everything she's done at 21--her depth as a writer and an artist blows me away. My favorite tracks from her album are Rumour Has It, Rolling in the Deep and of course, Someone Like You. I just love her way with words. She is a wonderful companion on Saturday nights alone. :) *"What's that smell?" "Bitterness."*

In other news, my life is in shambles. I am unhappy most of the time and that's because I bite off more than I can chew--literally and figuratively speaking. No, not really. I'm not that unhappy. It's just that it's taking quite some time for me to start things I'm supposed to be doing this year. I just want to focus more on school, have more time for it and start doing what I do well, in a place I've always wanted to find myself in. It's going to come, eventually, but you know, it's the wait that's killing me.

I just really need a win right now. Anyway enough of me, just listen to Adele. She's amazing. I hope everybody's having a great month. So far, 2011 hasn't been that fun for me. Oh.

You'd know how the time flies.
Only yesterday was the time of our lives.
We were born and raised in a summery haze.
Bound by the surprise of our glory days.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited,
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I hoped you'd see my face & that you'd be reminded,
That for me, it isn't over yet.

Nevermind, I'll find someone like you.
I wish nothing but the best for you too.
Don't forget me, I beg, I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead".