Saturday, December 4, 2010

We'll be old in a bit so let's make the most of it

Hello, it's been a while. I have a lot to say about the books I've been reading but first let me ease into a ~real-life related~ photo dump. Every Saturday, my friends and I (or The Crew! Hi, Cougar Town!) go out for some good 'ol feasting because life tends to wear us out by the end of the week. As I've said before, it is a way to re-charge whatever energy is left in our systems by the time weekend hits. It's also a way to re-group because if we are to vent, we should vent to long-time friends.
Photobucket

Our last escapade was two Saturdays ago. The break was a conscious effort on our part because to be power ladies (and a boss, because Carles is a guy) is to be financially smart. We can't indulge every Saturday so while we wait for our next "meeting", let me show you pictures of our last..uhm..escapade. We started with Lusso (GB 5, beside Balenciaga) and their really delicious foie gras burger. It's filling but it could be better. In what way, you ask? Well, for one, the foie gras could be at least five inches think and the burger reduced to a mere half-inch coating of the duck/goose liver. Now, that's a foie gras burger. ;) I think next time, I'll stick with foie gras croque monseiur. Then, it was sweetness overload for the three of us with wonderful macarons from Bizu and a selection of cakes (Carl's Amour, a Valrhona-orange chocolate concoction, A's Strawberry shortcake and my mango cheesecake with petals already falling off). What is hedonism? More importantly, what is friendship? This ♥

I can't wait for the next Saturdate. Hello to my Cul-de-sac crew. I miss you so.