Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Diary of A Wimpy Kid


My apologies for not writing any book review at all (well in my defense, it is only saturday afternoon). With my thesis, papers for my internship and the impending University midterms week, I am slumped. So slumped my workload can rival the Smokey Mountain of Payatas. That is not to say that I have work that reaches up to here *points to forehead level*, that is to say I procrastinate a lot and the things I ought to do a few weeks ago, I'm only starting now. Story of my life.

For now, let me entertain you with one of my friends' book. He brought it with him yesterday during our University Week. The cover looks really nice and it seems so fun to read. From what I've looked up, this realistic fictional gem (made to look like an actual notebook, complete with scrawly handwriting and stick figure drawing) comes in a series of "diaries" chronicling the life of Greg Heffley and how he deals everything from school to bullies to summer vacations and snarky friends. Wonderful! I am at an age where anything and everything about childhood excites me. Maybe it's my subconscious self-correcting the me of seven years ago. I thought being an adult is the greatest. Lies! All lies! HEH.

The Diary of A Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney.

PS: (Click through first photo to read a page or two)