Tuesday, December 29, 2009

J'allour

I kind of forgot how blogging on blogger is serious business. Here is a template where you alone can write and there are no guarantees of other people actually reading, loving, liking, hating, jerking off to your thoughts. It's almost vapid after almost a year on tumblr.

Man, I think I want to give blogger another try. Let's pick up where I left off. So, I'm now nineteen and I have a term left before I leave University. My dad has died and now the new normal in my life is me, my mom and my sister. It's not so bad when I'm with people but it gets harder when I'm left alone to think. The months I left blogger opened me to new people, new books to read but actually, same old hobbies. I guess change came from within. I am a more mature, more responsible version of myself whose simple pleasures include coffee, food and a lot of reading. I still love old music and film. I still hope to have a career in International Relations someday. I'm still me, only a better version of myself.

So there. I'm ending this post with a short note for my dad. I miss him. It's been a month and I still can't get over the fact that he just went away. Gone. I used to think I'd live to watch him fade but even at his dying day, he was the strong, humorous man I've known him to be. A really good looking, vain fifty five year old one at that! Let me share a memory with you, Papa. I hope heaven has internet. ;)

You loved to sing but you were the funniest when you start to dance. I cannot forget the day you wore new shoes in your hands and started to do a sort-of moonwalk with them. You said, "Look at my shoes! They're dancing!". It was the cutest, most lovable moment I have of you. Your simple joys. Oh such simple joys. Such happy times, oh so happy times.

That is all.
So long, farewell. Good night.